As the leaves change and the temperatures drop, it’s the perfect time to transform your outdoor deck into a cozy and inviting space for the fall season and upcoming holidays. The experts at Outback Deck hear about all kinds of ways to decorate your outdoor space. We often hear from homeowners asking us “What else can i do to decorate the space during the holidays other than a Christmas Tree?”. Here are five creative ideas to help you spruce up your outdoor living space and create a warm, welcoming atmosphere.
- Festive Lighting: Add a touch of magic to your deck with string lights or lanterns. You can choose warm, soft lights to create a cozy ambiance or go for colorful ones to embrace the holiday spirit. Hang them along railings, drape them over pergolas, or even wrap them around potted plants. Solar-powered lights are an eco-friendly option that will illuminate your deck throughout the season. You can even use mason jars along with your solar lights to give off a pleasant and weather resistant lighting source.
- Seasonal Wreaths: Welcome guests with a beautiful fall wreath on your front door or hanging on a prominent wall of your deck. You can easily create your own wreath with autumn leaves, pinecones, and other natural elements, or you can find a variety of ready-made options at your local craft store. As the holidays approach, consider switching it out for a festive Fall, sports themed, or Christmas wreath.
- Cozy Seating: Make your deck the perfect spot for sipping hot cider or cocoa by updating your outdoor furniture with cozy cushions and blankets. Earthy, warm colors like deep reds, oranges, and browns are ideal for the fall season. Investing in outdoor-safe, weather-resistant cushions and covers will ensure your seating stays comfortable and inviting even as the weather changes.
- Pumpkin and Gourd Displays: Nothing says “fall” quite like pumpkins and gourds. Create captivating displays by arranging various sizes and colors of pumpkins on your deck. You can mix in some potted mums or other fall flowers for a beautiful contrast. As the holidays approach, consider adding some small decorative gourds or even carving pumpkins for Halloween.
- Seasonal Decor Accents: Don’t forget about the smaller decorative elements that can tie the whole look together. Scatter some decorative acorns, pinecones, or dried corn cobs around the deck. You can also use seasonal-themed tableware for outdoor dining. Incorporate scented candles with fall or holiday fragrances to add a delightful aroma to the space.
With these five ideas, your outdoor deck will be transformed into a delightful retreat that captures the essence of fall and the holiday season. Don’t forget to snap some pictures of your beautifully decorated deck to share with friends and family, or simply to cherish the warm memories created in this inviting space. Happy decorating!
CONTACT OUTBACK DECK FOR A FREE CONSULTATION TODAY!
About Outback Deck, Inc.
Outback Deck, Inc. brings inspiration to outdoor living spaces. We believe if you have an outdoor space, you should WANT to spend time in it. Our commitment to providing the best customer experience and creating outstanding value in your new deck or porch is unmatched in the industry. For more information, please visit www.outbackdeck.net life happens out back